Friday, March 2, 2007

Faith

The smudged horizon, northern lights above the ground
Conceal not the white summer sun
No brighter than the learned Moses’ face
Bound not by the aged earth or the languished sky
But by the will, its pace
A spiritual breeze, a satanic storm
Dust all around
Stern innocence still firm, the unfledged white summer sun
No dimmer than the bright Achilles shield
Worries it not, fragrant lilies in the field
I know not,
Where this wind comes from, where it goes
Whisks around, smooth in execution
Infidel it is though consumes, Aphrodite’s swiftness, Pallas Athena’s illusions
That’s momentary
An atheist in a synod
Gushing flood waters, hot water geysers calmed
At his nod
Men reborn of water, eternal life transcends
Onto them
That bread fed several, word several souls
Brighter still is the white summer sun
I wish it set not ever, thoughts it invokes
Peace absorbed, faith renewed
I shall live and die a better man.

No comments: